This post might include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sauteed Mushrooms are a staple close to here adding rich deep flavor to steak dinners and delicious alongside roast chicken dishes. They’re the perfect addition to soups, stews and even cooked rice!
In this effortless recipe, mushrooms are sauteed in garlic butter with a dash of soy sauce. Soy sauce not only adds fantastic flavor but assists to caramelize these delightful mushrooms to a deep golden brown.
The Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms
Sauteed Mushrooms are one particular of my all time favorite veggies (along with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus), they add such a deliciously earthy rich taste to dishes and are prepared in just minutes. Fried Mushrooms with garlic are the perfect side dish or make a excellent topping for Pork Tenderloin or burgers!
How do you make fried mushrooms? Truthfully, fried mushrooms are straightforward to make but there are a number of items you can do to consider your sauteed mushrooms from ordinary to extraordinary.
How to Make Sauteed Mushrooms
The important to a deep rich flavor and generating the greatest sauteed mushrooms is to let them to caramelize and include aromatics (garlic/thyme) and salt (soy sauce). I add plenty of garlic but you can also include fry onions for the perfect sauteed mushrooms and onions burger topping!
You can use any type of fresh mushrooms in this recipe, sauteed portobellos are a scrumptious meaty choice as properly!
How to Caramelize Mushrooms:
There are a few strategies to obtaining mushrooms to caramelize perfectly! Commence by wiping mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Speedily rinsing mushrooms below water is ok, but if you leave them as well lengthy it can cause their spongy texture to soak up the water which, as you’d envision, can consequence in soggy sauteed mushrooms. Rather, give them a rapid rinse and dab them dry or wipe them with a damp paper towel or a mushroom brush!
- Use Butter and Olive Oil: The combination of the two adds excellent taste and absolutely makes a big difference to oil alone.
- Do Not Crowd the Pan: If you crowd the pan your mushrooms will simmer in their personal juices rather than caramelize.
- Do Not Stir Also Much: The essential to caramelized mushrooms is enabling the mushrooms to kind a crust which implies you need to let them sit on one side without having stirring.
- Turn Up the Heat: Include further flavors this kind of as wine or Worcestershire sauce in modest quantities even though the pan is very sizzling.
While I adore making use of fried mushrooms to prime a steak or burger, they also add wonderful flavor to any mushroom recipe! They’re excellent to cook and add to casseroles, soups and stews. The added taste and caramelization will include tons of depth to your dishes with quite tiny added work.
Can You Freeze Sauteed Mushrooms?
Yes you can, fried or sauteed mushrooms freeze nicely (even though the texture can alter somewhat) and are great to include to Pasta Sauce, omelettes and chicken or beef stews.
- Cook and cool as directed.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet and freeze flat.
- As soon as frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or container.