Oven Baked Bacon is the ideal strategy for producing completely crispy, evenly cooked bacon! No a lot more grease splatters! No far more standing above the stove flipping bacon! No a lot more greasy pans! Just perfectly cooked bacon every single single time!
Oven Baked Bacon
I grew up watching my mom cooking bacon in a frying pan in excess of the stove, so for many years I just believed that was the way bacon was cooked. But frying bacon on the stove produced this kind of a mess and the grease that flew up and burned me several times manufactured me Never want to cook bacon.
And then I heard about roasting bacon in the oven. In the oven? Would grease splatter all above my oven? Would it get crispy? How lengthy would it take?
I have experimented numerous times and have discovered the perfect method for roasting bacon in the oven.
HOW TO BAKE BACON IN THE OVEN
- rimmed cookie sheet
- aluminum foil
- wire cooling rack
Step A single: Prepare your Pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and location a wire cooling rack on the cooking sheet. **If you do not have an oven risk-free cooking rack to place on baking sheet, use a broiler pan.
Stage Two: Arrange Bacon
- Lay bacon evenly across the baking rack.
Phase Three: Bake Bacon
- Roast the bacon for 15-20 minutes. This is approximate based on how crispy you like your bacon, your oven, and how thick your bacon is cooked.
- If using a broiler pan, flip after ten minutes of cooking. The great factor about making use of the wire cooling rack is that heat circulates all close to the bacon, so you By no means have to flip it in excess of.
Suggestions for Roasting Bacon in the Oven
- If you like your bacon less crispy, or are undertaking this for the very first time and don’t want to mess it up, set the timer for 10 minutes and check out the bacon. Add a lot more time if necessary.
- If your oven bakes unevenly, rotate your pan half-way via cooking.
Stage 4: Drain Bacon on Paper Towels
- Spot baked bacon on plate lined with paper towels to soak up further grease.
How to Discard Bacon Grease
Possibly my preferred issue about this oven baked bacon is that all the grease ends up on my foiled lined pan–making clean up a breeze.
But keep in mind Never POUR BACON GREASE DOWN SINK DRAIN!! This is a certain fire way to finish up with clog at some level, as grease hardens as it cools and I have had up to 1/3 cup of rendered grease from one batch of bacon–that is a lot of grease.
The right technique for discarding grease is to cautiously pour the grease when it has cooled somewhat into a metal can or glass jar. DO NOT use plastic, or the grease will melt the plastic. As soon as the grease has hardened you can scoop out of glass jar and discard in trash. Or you can keep jar underneath sink and add to it every time you make bacon. As soon as jar is complete, discard whole jar.
You can also use your bacon grease to saute potatoes, make Warm Bacon Dressing, or in BLT pasta salad.
Freezing Cooked Bacon
Freeze your cooked bacon so you can pull out a strip or two for garnishes or to make a fast BLT sandwich.
To freeze, merely layer bacon in in between wax paper and freeze in freezer storage bag. The wax paper will maintain the bacon strips from all freezing collectively, so you can pull out just what you need to have.